Thursday, October 1, 2015

Learning Goal

こんばんは、

My goal in Japanese learning this semester is the following:

1. Speaking: I want to be able to speak naturally. I think speaking exactly like a native speaker is too tall an order (case in point, my English, hahaha). However, I will not make the same mistake as I did with English language by trying to identify and fix all my pronunciation early on before it becomes a habit. Thus, I will focus on pronouncing word one by one and not rush it. My main goal for the semester is to be able to speak correctly and confidently!

2. Listening: This is skill that I am most confident of. After all, I have been consuming quite a bit of Japanese media. My goal for listening skill is to recognize grammar structure and to listen more comprehensively. I wish to become better at picking up small details in speech. Also, I want to be able to not just understand but differentiate voices so that I can reproduce it in writing.

3. Reading: My goal is to be able to read most if not all of Japanese material with furigana on it with a certain level of comprehension. I also want to be able to assign word meaning more quickly to the text just by looking at it not reading it aloud.

4. Writing: I want to use my writing skill to enhance my understanding of Japanese. For example, I want to be able to transcribe Japanese sound I hear.

How I will reach my goals:

I probably won't reach all of them in this semester, hahaha. The goals I list are merely what I want to achieve, but my schedule is probably not made for them. I will refer to them as my ideals and remind myself I have more to do!

But this is how I will try to reach those goals:

1. I will do ALL vocab pronunciation exercise to learn how to say each word one by one. I will do ALL chapters' dialog shadowing and simulation to speak more naturally.

2. I will attend at least 3 Japanese language table per month with possible exception if I have a major project or test due on Wednesday.

3. I will find and read Japanese reading material and read for 2 hours per week.

4. I will continue to listen to Japanese music, but I will switch to looking up lyrics in Japanese instead of karaoke language.

These I believe are very minimal. However, as a freshmen, I have absolutely no clue how busy I am going to be, so I will just go with something I can probably do for sure!

Thanks for reading this, or taking a glance at this,
またね!
Kasarn J

8 comments:

  1. こんばんわ!ぼくわレンです。ちゅうごのホンコンからきました。わたしも1ねんせです。どうぞよろしく!

    Back to English. I think your learning goals are very specific, and you can definitely achieve great progress if you do all of them since you already have experience in Japanese.

    じゃまた!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. どうぞよろしくレンさん! 
      I have never seen you before! Or, have I? ^_^ Call me out when you see me in school!

      Delete
  2. You seem very committed to your language studies which is reflected in the specificity of your goals! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ありがとうございます! アモさんもがんばってください!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I’m Kohei Ohtsuki, Japanese student from Ritsumeikan University. Please call me Kohei. I’m 19years old. I major in international business in this university. I’m so lucky to exchange in such a way! I used to be basketball player. Although now I’m absorbed in dancing, my favorite sport wouldn’t be changed. These days my hobby is watching American movie, so I envy you. And more, I’m familiar with Japanese Anime and others. I read your blog. You seems to love Japanese things. If you have something to know, do not hesitate to ask me! I’m looking forward to your uploading your blog.
    これからよろしくおねがいします。はなしができてうれしいです。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. こんばんは こへいさん! すみませんへんじがそんなにおくれて。ひとがぼくのブロックをよんでいるとおもいませんでした。これからよくブロックをcheckをします。

      Do you also have a blog? It would be great if there is a place I can read more about Kohei-san as well!

      Delete
  4. かさらんさん、はじめまして!えいごはあなたのいちばんごじゃありませんか。なんのごはあなたのいちばんごですか。どこからきましたか。あなたはいちねんせいですか。だいがくのせいかつになれましたか。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ぼくはタイからきました。えいごはアメリカにきるまえに はなしませんでした。タイごで はなしました。ぼくはいちねんせいです。だいがくのせいかつはまだなれていません。ちょっとむずかしいです。

      Delete